This article demonstrates how to store the contact details of a person from HubSpot to a spreadsheet using Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- HubSpot - New contact created: To trigger the journey
- Google Sheets - Add row (new version): To store the contact details in a spreadsheet
Create a spreadsheet in Google Sheets named HubSpot contact's list with the following headers:
Configuring the trigger
- Under the Event section, choose the HubSpot app from the drop-down menu in the Apps list present right below the New Trigger button.
- Select the trigger event, New contact created, from the drop-down menu in the Triggers list.
- Click the Link an account button to connect to a HubSpot account.
- The Property mode field will open. Select Value only as the input:
Configuring the action
- Under the Steps section, click on the Simple Action button and choose the Google Sheets app from the drop-down menu in the Apps list.
- Select the action, Add row (new version), from the drop-down menu in the Actions list.
- Click the Link an account button. The Google Sheets app requires authorization to connect with Quickwork Journey Builder. Simply log in to your Google account and allow the permissions.
Note: Ensure you connect the Google account that has the HubSpot contact's list spreadsheet created. If you connect a Google account that does not have the corresponding spreadsheet, the header names that we defined previously won't get populated in Quickwork Journey Builder.
- Upon successful connection, the input fields will open. Select HubSpot contact's list as an input from the Spreadsheet drop-down menu.
- Select Sheet1 as an input from the Sheet name drop-down field:
- The column headers will open. Now, search for the following data pills from the HubSpot | New contact created Trigger under Data Tree Output:
- Drag and drop these to the respective input fields as shown here:
- Now, save the journey change and click the Save & Start button.
Executing the journey
Go to your HubSpot account and create a new contact. Select the Contacts tab from the top navigation bar and click the Create contact button located on the top-right corner of the screen. A window will prompt from the right-hand side:
Fill in the contact details and click the Create contact button. Wait for a few seconds since New contact created is a pooling trigger. It takes 15 seconds to listen to incoming data.
Check your spreadsheet. The contact details are automatically replicated: