This article demonstrates the easy scanning and accessing the content encoded in a QR code by using an in-house app, QR code by Quicwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Knowledge of creating a QR Code using the tool
Currently, QR Code by Quickwork scans and reads the content of only those QR codes that are created using Quickwork. Scanning any other type of QR code will result in a null output. Thus, if your journey has the requirement of the generation of a QR code and even reading it, it is mandatory to have a QR code generated by the QR Code by Quickwork and not any other app in order to be able to read its content.
Refer to the How to create a QR code using QR Code by Quickwork article to understand how to generate a QR code. This reference article covers a journey containing Scheduler by Quickwork to trigger the journey and Create QR code action of the QR Code by Quickwork app to create a QR code. We will use the same QR code to read its content.
To read the content of that generated QR, let's configure a new action in the same journey:
- Under the Steps section, click the Add a step button (+ icon) and then click on the Simple Action button.
- Choose the QR Code by Quickwork app from the drop-down menu in the Apps field.
- Select the Read QR code action from the drop-down menu in the Actions field.
- No authorization is required as this is an in-house app of Quickwork.
- In the URL field, you can either copy and paste the web URL of the QR code generated by Quickwork from the output block present in the History section or simply drag and drop the URL data pill obtained in the output of the Create QR code action under Data Tree Output:
Note: The URL of the generated QR code looks like
https://qw-resources.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/625fc08c-bfc0-4db4-81bf-b8e8391a6929.png. The QR code generated is in the .png format and the URL can be obtained in the Output block of Create QR code action in the History section.
Executing the journey
Save the changes done in the journey and click the Save & Start button. You'll be taken to the History tab automatically. Click on the record that just got created. In the Steps section, click the Read a QR code via QR Code by Quickwork action bar to expand and observe the Output block to check the encoded data:
Thus, the content of a custom-created QR code is scanned successfully.