This article demonstrates the easy generation of a QR code by using an in-house app, QR code by Quicwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Scheduler by Quickwork as a trigger--for triggering the journey
- QR Code by Quickwork: Action
Why QR codes are important
QR codes are used to take a piece of information from a transitory media and put it into your cell phone. The reason why they are more useful than a standard barcode is that they can store (and digitally present) much more data, including URL links, geo coordinates, and text. In this way, a large amount of sensitive information can be hidden behind the unreadable QR with security keys and tokens code and can be transferred easily within permitted devices.
Where it can be used
QR codes can be added to any mode of print advertising, flyers, posters, invites, TV ads, etc containing:
- Product details
- Contact details
- Offer details
- Event details
- Competition details
- A sale coupon or voucher
- Twitter, Facebook, MySpace IDs
- A link to your YouTube video
Quickwork Journey Builder has made a provision for the users to create a custom QR code by introducing QR Code by Quickwork. This app generates a URL as an output that opens into a QR code. This QR code can be scanned by any Android/iOS device.
Configuring the trigger
- Under the New Trigger section, choose the Scheduler by Quickwork app from the drop-down menu in the Apps field.
- Select the trigger event, New scheduled event, from the drop-down menu in the Triggers list.
- Set the Interval for One day as this journey needs to be executed only once per day.
- Set the date and time of your choice in the Start At field and keep the Custom Payload field empty:
Generating a QR code
- Under the Steps section, click on the Simple Action button and then choose the QR Code by Quickwork app from the drop-down menu in the Apps field.
- Select the Create QR code action from the drop-down menu in the Actions field.
- No authorization is required as this is an in-house app of Quickwork.
- In the Data field, specify the information in raw text format you want to hide behind the QR code:
Executing the journey
Save the changes in a journey and click the Start Journey button. You'll be taken to the History tab automatically. Click on the record that just got created. In the Steps section, click on the action bar to expand and check the output.
As mentioned earlier, the output contains a web URL of the QR code. Open a new tab and copy and paste the URL in the address bar and press Enter. Your QR code will be in front of you:
Now when you scan this QR code using any Android/iOS QR code scanner app, the information that this code contains would accessible to you straight away:
Thus, your custom QR code is successfully generated and is ready to share effectively.