This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Jira Service Desk with Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- Atlassian account
- At least one Jira Service Desk dashboard in Atlassian account
To connect your Jira Service Desk account with Quickwork Journey Builder, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder and choose the Jira Service Desk app from the App drop-down field under the Trigger or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Jira Service Desk window will pop-up asking you to enter the User Name, API token, and Subdomain of your Jira Service Desk account:
- Enter the email address of using which you sign in to your Atlassian account in the User Name field.
- To get the API token and subdomain, log in to your Atlassian account using Google, Microsoft, or Apple account. Then switch to your Jira Service Desk software by clicking the matrix icon:
- Now, click on the profile icon located at the top right-hand side corner of the screen and select the Account settings option from the drop-down list:
- You'll be redirected to the new tab. Click Security on the left-hand side panel and scroll down the page to search for the API token section. Click the Create and manage API tokens link:
- The API Tokens window will appear. It contains a list of all the API keys generated earlier. If not, you can create one by clicking the Create API token button. Click it:
- A small dialog box will pop-up asking you to label the API key. Specify any random name of your choice and click the Create button. Your API key will get generated in no time. However, the key will be masked for security reasons. Click the eye icon to view it:
- Click the Copy button and paste the key in the API token field of the Connect to Jira Service Desk window.
- To get the subdomain, have a closer look at the web URL of your Jira Service Desk account. If your URL is https://demojiraservicedesk12.atlassian.net/jira, then demojiraservicedesk12 is your subdomain. Specify it in the Subdomain field:
- Click the Link account button. Your Jira Service Desk account is now successfully connected with Quickwork Journey Builder.