This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of LINE with Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- LINE developer account
- A provider and a channel of the type Messaging API in LINE account
- Copy-paste skills for webhook URL
To connect your LINE account with Quickwork Journey Builder, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder and choose the LINE app from the App drop-down field under the Trigger or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to LINE window will pop-up asking you to enter the Channel access token, and Basic ID of your LINE app:
- To get these credentials, log in to your LINE developer account. You'll be redirected to the Providers screen. Click on the provider name you want to connect with Quickwork Journey Builder:
Note: It is mandatory to have a provider and a channel of the type Messaging API created in it to get the credentials. If the channel created is not pf the type Messaging API, you won't get the credentials.
- Next, select a LINE channel and switch to the Messaging API tab. Under the Bot information section, the very first value field you'll see is the Bot basic ID:
- Copy this Bot basic ID and paste it in the Basic ID field of the Connect to LINE window.
- Return to the LINE Message API settings and scroll down to the extreme bottom. You'll have your Channel access token (long-lived). If the token field is empty, click the Issue button to get the token:
- Copy this token and paste it in the Channel access token field of the Connect to LINE window:
- Click the Link account button. Your LINE account will get connected with Quickwork Journey Builder.
Setting webhook for trigger events
- Once the connection gets established successfully, a trigger input field, Event Name, will pop-up. Here, specify a random unique name to your trigger event. This name will act as an identifier for the trigger event and can be seen later in the response:
- Once specified, a webhook URL will get generated. Copy this URL and go to the Messaging API settings window of your LINE channel. Scroll down the page and search for the Webhook settings section. Paste the copied webhook URL in the Webhook URL field and toggle ON the Use webhook option:
Note: Ensure you paste the webhook URL in the Messaging API settings window of a LINE channel that you have connected with Quickwork Journey Builder. If your mismatch this hierarchy, then setting a webhook URL is of no use and you won't get a notification for trigger events.