This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Fock with Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Flock developer account
- A team and a channel in Flock account
- An app in Flock account
To connect your Flock account with Quickwork Journey Builder, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder and choose the Flock app from the App drop-down field under the Trigger or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Flock window will pop-up asking you to enter the Bot User Id, and Bot Token of your Flock app:
- To get these credentials, log in to your Flock developer account. Under the Build Apps tab, click the Flock Apps option on the left-hand side panel and select an app that you want to connect with Quickwork Journey Builder:
- The app window will open. In the Advanced Information section, specify an HTTP webhook URL in the Event Listener URL field. This URL listens to incoming messages and notify you instantly about the same. Use the static HTTP webhook URL https://automation.quickwork.co/staticwebhook/api/flock/notify generated by Journey Builder:
- Scroll down the web page and toggle ON the bot in the Bot section. This will help you to view the configuration of the bot:
- Give a purpose to your Flock app. Scroll down a bit more and chose a category for the app from the drop-down menu:
- Now scroll down to the extreme bottom of the page and make your app public within your team. Click the Save button:
- Now, scroll to the extreme top of the web page and click the Install button. Once your app gets installed, the credentials of the bot will get generated automatically:
- Copy these credentials and paste it in the respective fields of the Connect to Flock window.
Note: To copy the Bot Token, first click on the Show button and then copy the token. Directly copying and pasting the masked credential will throw an error while establishing a connection.
- Click on the Link account button. Your Flock app will get connected with Quickwork Journey Builder.