This article demonstrates how you can analyze the weather using Yahoo Weather along with Scheduler by Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 5 minutes
- Scheduler by Quickwork as a Trigger--for triggering the journey
- Yahoo account
Configuring a trigger
- In the Trigger section, click on the New Trigger button and then choose the Scheduler by Quickwork app from the drop-down menu in the App field.
- Select the trigger event as New scheduled event from the drop-down menu in the Trigger Event field.
- Set the Interval as per your choice based on how often you want to get weather information.
- Set the Date and Time of your choice in the Start At field and keep the Custom Payload field empty.
- No authorization is required as this is an app created by Quickwork:
Configuring the action steps
- In the Steps section, click on the Simple Action button and choose the Yahoo Weather app from the drop-down menu in the App field.
- Select the Action as Get weather forecast by location from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection:
- A pop-window will open asking you to sign in into your Yahoo account. If you have multiple Yahoo accounts, select the account you wish to use. You will then be asked to grant permission to quickwork.co to access your Yahoo account. Click on Allow. Your Yahoo account will get connected successfully.
- In the Location field, enter the name of the city for which you want to analyze the weather.
In the Unit dropdown, select either Celsius or Fahrenheit, whichever unit you want the temperature to be reported in:
Executing the journey
Save the changes in the journey and click the Start Journey button:
You'll be taken to the History tab automatically. Wait for the journey to get executed at the scheduled time. As soon as it gets executed, a new record will appear in the history table.
Click on the record that just got created:
In the Steps section, click the action bar to expand:
The Input tab shows the inputs provided.
The Output tab shows the weather details for the city that was selected. You can expand the current_observation and forecasts fields to see the weather information obtained in detail.
In this manner, you have obtained the weather details for your desired locality to analyze the weather condition.