This article demonstrates the importance and usage of the Scheduler by Quickwork app.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- Scheduler trigger
- Estimation of date and time range
Why do we need a scheduler
There occur scenarios where a journey needs to execute smartly in such a way that it eventually becomes a helping hand for a user. Humans tend to lag for things, especially for the priority ones. Whether it's a daily report to be filled, a meeting to be attended, a weekly product audit to be conducted or code files to be uploaded on the FTP server every 3 hours, there are major chances that the mind will bowl a googly and try taking your focus away. Thus they say, Only lesser work gives more trouble.
Quickwork's Scheduler promises that there will be no delay in the assigned tasks. Your journey will be triggered and executed automatically at the chosen date and time.
How do we schedule
Scheduler by Quickwork has one trigger event, New scheduled event. This trigger allows you to invoke a trigger event to the actions down the line at periodic intervals. The interval and start times are customizable and can be set as per the requirement. To start using Scheduler by Quickwork, follow the below steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder’s dashboard and create a new journey. Once you are on the new journey dashboard, choose the Scheduler by Quickwork app from the Apps drop-down field under the New Trigger button.
- Select the trigger event New scheduled event from the Trigger Event drop-down menu.
- In the Interval field, select the desired time interval in seconds, minutes, and hours from the drop-down field. E.g., 5 minutes. The scheduler has the provision to select the interval for a day, week, month, and year as well.
- Select the exact triggering date and time via the date and time picker given in the Start at field. The date format is dd/mm/yyyy. E.g., 08/03/2021 1:30 PM.
- Custom payload: This is an optional field available to provide additional data for the event. It could be messages, labels, plain text, etc. Values entered into this field eventually become a data pill (Scheduler Trigger data key) that can be used in the action fields while configuring an action:
Upon execution, Scheduler triggers the first event immediately at the scheduled time and later keeps invoking the actions down the line at the defined interval.
Being precise as per the inputs specified in the above image, the Scheduler will first get triggered on the 8th of March 2021 at 1:30 PM. Then, it will start sending the successive trigger events at an interval of 15 seconds, i.e., at 1:35: PM, 1:40 PM, and so on until the end of the day.