This article demonstrates how to connect Airtable with Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 7 minutes
- Airtable account
- Pre-created app. In Airtable, an app is regarded as a base
- A table in a base
- Values in all the columns of a table
How to establish a connection with Airtable
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder and choose the Airtable app from the App drop-down field.
- Select the trigger or action that you want to perform.
- To establish a connection, click on Link an account.
- The Connect to Airtable window will open. You need to specify the API key, App ID, and Table name to establish a connection:
- To get the API key, visit https://airtable.com and sign in using your Google account by allowing the requested permissions.
- Click the profile icon on the top-right hand side corner of the screen and select Account. Click the Overview tab on the left-hand side panel and look for the <>API section:
- Copy the key and paste it in the API key field of the Connect to Airtable window.
- To connect, we will select a pre-created app that Airtable offers. Visit https://airtable.com/api and select any one of the apps e.g., Project Planning:
- Upon clicking the Product Planning app, you'll be redirected to its API documentation. Now, take a closer look at the web browser URL. It contains the ID of the app we have selected:
- Copy this ID and paste it in the App ID field of the Connect to Airtable account.
- Now, we need to specify the table name that is present in the Product Planning app. To do this, go to your account home page and select the Product Planning app from the workspace:
- You'll get a set of pre-created tables in the app:
- By referring to this, specify the name of the table in the Table name field for which you want to create a connection. E.g., Epics. The table name must be provided without space. E.g., Demo_Table.
Note: Airtable follows a hierarchical structure such as Workspace | Apps | Tables. So while specifying a table name, ensure the table exists in the app of which ID you have specified. If the table does not exist in the app, an error will be thrown.
- Once you have completed specifying all the input, your connection window will look like this:
- Now click the Link account button. Your Airtable account will be created successfully.