This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Google Distance Calculator with the Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 7 minutes
- An active Google Distance Calculator account
To connect your Google Distance Calculator account with Quickwork Journey Builder, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder, click on the Simple Action button under the Steps section and choose Google Distance Calculator app from the Apps list. There are no triggers for this app.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Google Distance Calculator window will pop up containing API key:
- To get the required inputs, log in to your Google Cloud Platform Console and observe the dashboard. Find the dropdown menu situated right next to the text Google Cloud Platform written in the top left corner of the screen. Click on it:
- A new window opens containing a list of all projects present and various options like searching or creating new projects. Based on your requirement, select a project or create a new project which you want to connect to Quickwork Journey Builder.
- Now click on the navigation menu present in the top left corner. Select the option APIs & Services and then click on the Library option:
- In the search option provided in the Library window, search for the Distance Matrix API, open it, and enable it by clicking on the Enable button:
- As soon as you enable the API, you are redirected to the API’s dashboard. Now open the navigation menu present in the top left corner again and go to APIs & Services and then select the Credentials option:
- The credentials window will open. Click on the + CREATE CREDENTIALS button and then select the API key option from the dropdown menu displayed:
- A new window will pop up with the created API key. Copy the API key by clicking the copy button right next to it and paste it into the API Key field in the Connect to Google Distance Calculator in Quickwork Journey Builder:
- Once all the input fields have been filled, click on the Link account button. Your Google Distance Calculator account has now been successfully connected to your Quickwork Journey Builder account.