This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Amazon Lex with Quickwork Journey Builder.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 6 minutes
- AWS console account
- At least one user in the IAM console
- A resource group in Lex service
To connect your Amazon Lex account with Quickwork Journey Builder, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork Journey Builder, click the Simple Action button under the Steps section, and choose the Amazon Lex app from the Apps list. There are no triggers for this app.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Amazon Lex window will pop-up asking you to enter the Access Key ID, Secret access key, Region, Bot name, Bot alias, and User ID of your Amazon Lex account:
- To get these credentials, log in to your AWS console You'll be on the AWS Management Console dashboard. Click the Services tab on the toolbar and select IAM from the Security, Identity, & Compliance section:
- You'll be redirected to the Identity and Access Management Under the IAM Resources table, click the Users link:
- You'll get a list of users. If you are yet to create a user, please do so by clicking the Add user Click on any of the user names to proceed further:
- In the Summary window, switch to the Security credentials tab and scroll down the page to search for the Access keys Here, you'll get a list of Access key IDs if generated previously. However, the secret access key is hidden for security issues. To get it, click the Create access key button:
Note: If you are unable to click the button, delete any one of the existing access key IDs by clicking the cross mark icon.
- The secret access key gets generated. Please make a note of it as you cannot recover them later. Click on the Show button to view the secret access key:
- Copy this Access key ID and Secret access key and paste them in the relevant fields of the Connect to Amazon Lex.
- Now, to get the region, have a closer look at your IAM Console URL. If your URL is https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home?region=ap-south-1#, then ap-south-1 is your region. Specify the same in the Region
- Enter Bot Name, Bot alias, and user ID (client application user ID):
- Once done specifying all the inputs, click the Link account Your Amazon Lex account will get connected successfully.